As a result of both the pandemic and advancements in technology, working from home has become the norm for many people in today’s society. More so than ever, home office furniture now plays a crucial role in the productivity of people’s working lives. This is because we tend to work better when we are happier within our environment. In this blog, we’ll outline the main advantages of home office furniture.
So, what are the benefits of home office furniture? The main benefits of home office furniture are; an increase in employee productivity and wellness, professionalism, health benefits, reduced costs and ergonomic design.
Keep reading to find out more about each benefit of home office furniture and why you should take a look at V-Interiors home office furniture.
- Key Benefits of Home Office Furniture
- What Home Office Furniture Do I Need?
- How to Choose the Right Home Office Furniture
- Why Use V-Interiors For Your Home Office Furniture?
Key Benefits of Home Office Furniture
Here is everything you need to know about the benefits of home office furniture:
Enhances Employee Productivity
One of the main benefits of home office furniture is that it increases productivity. This is because good furniture creates a happy work environment that is both comfortable and practical. Essentially, good home office furniture helps get the job done more easily because workers are happier to stay in their office for longer periods of time. As a result, more work can be completed.
Enhances Employee Wellbeing
On top of increasing productivity, home office furniture also promotes employee wellbeing. This is because you can perosnalise your home office furniture to make the space your own. You can set up multi-compartment shelves for your items and draws for your coffee maker or healthy drink dispenser. You can also use the draws to store snacks so that they are always easily accessible. The key point here is to promote regular periods of rest and relaxation through short breaks. This promotes good health and wellness.
Giving your home office that classy, professional atmosphere can help you feel more productive and focused. Setting the right scene in your home office is important because you will be spending so much time there. Whilst at home, it can often be difficult to separate your work life from your personal life, which is why having a spacious, smart home office space is so crucial. This will make you feel more confident and structured whilst working from home.
Top tip – Research has shown that white desks are great for encouraging openness.
Well designed home office furniture is extremely important for your health. You should always aim to create the most comfortable and appealing home office space.
Here are the most important factors to consider:
- Choosing the right office chair – They help maintain good back support and posture.
- Body posture – Sitting at a 90 degree angle helps blood circulation, meaning that nutrients and oxygen can flow around the body. This helps increase productivity.
- Specifically designed furniture – They help make it easier to complete certain tasks. For example, curved desks provide enough space to work on a computer whilst also doing paperwork to the side without the restriction of movement.
- Monitor arms – Can be added onto desks when using a computer to help reduce eye strain and vision blurriness. This is because they can be used to adjust the height of the monitor to suit individual needs.
Nowadays, you can find home office furniture that suits your exact needs. As everyone is a different size, shape and height, this comes in useful. Good quality furniture prevents illnesses and work-related injuries which means you can feel happy and healthy whilst working from home.
Instead of buying poor quality home office furniture and having to replace it often, you can buy bespoke home office furniture that will last. This will save you money in the long run. Quality furniture is also usually very versatile which means that it is easy to move around. This is hugely important when it comes to furniture for your home office because you may need to move around the house.
Ergonomic furniture is specifically created to maximise efficiency and comfort. Not only does it make the most of space by being easy to use but it is also aesthetically pleasing.
Here are some things to bear in mind:
- Home office furniture should be pleasant to look at but not too distracting.
- Contemporary minimalist designs inspire people to work faster and more productively on a subconscious level.
- The right furniture will help your home office space look open and less cluttered. This means you will feel more organised and efficient.
Increases House Value
Nowadays, statistics show that home office furniture hugely increases house value. According to Yopa, home office furniture adds value to your property by 8-10%. It also makes sense to invest in home office furniture because since the Covid-19 pandemic, nearly 50% of all employees in the UK are working from home.
What Home Office Furniture Do I Need?
The type of home office furniture you need will depend entirely upon what kind of work you are carrying out. Sustainability and functionality are two key factors to consider when choosing furniture items, such as moveable desks or a comfortable office chair.
Most common at home office furniture includes:
- Work desks – A platform to place your computer or monitor on, to be used as a work surface.
- Office chair – Make sure to choose a chair that is comfortable and supportive, especially if you work for long hours.
- Storage cabinets – A functional storage facility is important for a home office because you will need somewhere to store basic work materials.
- Extras – other things such as decor, plants, lighting and fabrics can also be used to personalise your home office space to your liking.
Fun fact – In the first field study of its kind, researchers found enriching a ‘lean’ office with plants could increase productivity by 15%.
How to Choose the Right Home Office Furniture
Here are the key factors to consider whilst choosing the right home office furniture:
Although it can be tempting to choose a piece of furniture because it’s aesthetically pleasing, it also needs to be functional for your specific space. For example, getting a small desk that is very aesthetically pleasing will not be useful if you need a bigger desk.
On average, working adults spend at least 8 hours a day in front of their screens. It’s therefore crucial that you are comfortable whilst working because it boosts productivity and reduces health implications.
Doing your research on how different office furniture impacts human health is very important. This has led to a rise in ergonomic chairs that are suited for comfort, flexibility and support whilst working.
Why Use V-Interiors For Your Home Office Furniture?
Choosing the right home office furniture can be tricky if it is your first time. To avoid having the wrong furniture, it is best to work with a professional company that will guide you through the furnishing process. V-Interiors specialises in the design of bespoke office furniture, increasing productivity and work from home happiness.
Here are a few reasons why you should choose V-Interiors for your home office furniture:
- Friendly Team – Our team of expert fitted furniture designers and fitters will work with you from initial contact to final product.
- 3D Rendering Software – Our 3D rendering software provides a design highly accurate to the final result, allowing you to make any final changes to reach your full vision.
- 100+ Colour Options – Our enormous range of colour and design options provides the opportunity to create your ideal bespoke office furniture.
Bespoke Home Office Furniture at V-Interiors
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at V-Interiors’ bespoke office furniture. When it comes to working from home, we know that personal preference is everything. A bespoke office furniture design can be tailored to your specific needs and requirements, ensuring that your workspace is both functional and stylish.
By working with a professional designer, you can create a space that is both comfortable and practical, whilst also reflecting your personal taste and style.
Get in touch with our friendly team today to find out more about your home office furniture.